- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 cups water
- Food coloring
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Optional: scent extract, glitter
- Mix the flour, salt and cream of tartar.
- Add food coloring to water.
- Add water and vegetable (and scent extract if desired) to dry ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until stiff.
- Let cool and knead (adding glitter if desired). Let cool completely before storing in airtight containers.
Leave coloring out, and add to cooled playdough for a cool “marbled” effect. Mix in a packet of Kool-Aid to dry ingredients for scent/color enhancement.